Currently: PhD Student
Highest qualification: Bachelors (BA, BSc)
I am an active and enthusiastic science communicator in Ireland and the US. I have organised and given public talks at a number of events, competitions and festivals throughout the country and internationally including:
- TEDxFulbright Santa Monica 2015
- HEA and Irish Independent Making an Impact Competition - (2015 - Winner)
- Festival of Curiosity
- Midlands Science Festival
- Pint of Science
- Celebrate Science
- FameLab Ireland National Finals (2014 - 2nd place; 2015 - 2nd place)
- Thesis in Three (2014 - 2nd place)
- Dalkey Book Festival (2014, 2015)
As a qualified nutritionist from University College Dublin and a PhD student in nutrition and microbiology in University College Cork, my interests and expertise are in food and health. In particular I am fascinated by how the bacteria in our gut interact with our brains and how our diets can affect both our gut and brain health throughout life.
This speaker has no events on their profile.